Do you want to be in charge of a high-performing team that not only meets its objectives but also encourages creativity and teamwork? Do you want to be pleasantly surprised? Here, we dig into the views of Igor Makarov, a successful entrepreneur and former professional cyclist, who offers priceless advice on how to construct a winning team.
A Quick Introduction
Let’s take a step back from the realm of team building for a second and get to know Igor Makarov. He’s not your usual company owner; he went from being a competitive cyclist to being successful in business with little trouble at all. Makarov’s extraordinary background has provided him with invaluable skills in teamwork, discipline, and leadership, all of which have been important to his business success.
Methods of Team Building
- Makarov stresses the significance of clear and constant communication among team members. Get your team to talk to one another and hear what they have to say. Keep everyone on the same page by holding frequent meetings and using digital tools.
- Trust development Working together as a cohesive unit requires a high level of trust among team members. Igor Makarovrecommends taking time away from work to engage in team-building activities, cultivate connections, and show openness in decision-making.
- Trust your team members to handle their own work and hold them accountable for their actions. When workers feel they have a say in how they do their jobs, they are more likely to take pride in their contributions. However, with increased autonomy comes increased responsibility, therefore it’s important to establish transparent benchmarks for success.
- Igor Makarov has always been a great believer in the concept of lifelong learning and adaptation. Inspire your group to adopt a mindset of lifelong learning. Be receptive to criticism and flexible in your approach.
- Never discount the impact of a sincere expression of gratitude and appreciation. Motivating your team members may be as easy as saying “thank you” or pointing out when someone has done a good job.
In sum, Igor Makarov’s transformation from professional cyclist to thriving businessman provides an interesting case study on the value of teamwork. You can unleash your team’s full potential and do extraordinary things by adhering to his principles of shared vision, effective communication, trust, empowerment, continuous learning, and recognition. Now is the time to put these methods into action and see your team’s performance improve.