Cardio workouts! Aside from the cardio workout exercises, it can help if you perform it along with cardiovascular equipment. Cardiovascular exercises are great for improving the following:
- heart health
- overall fitness
You can add this cardio workout to your routine:
- Warm-up (5-10 minutes). Start with some light aerobic movements to increase your heart rate and warm up the muscles. It could include jogging in place, jumping jacks, or brisk walking.
- Main Cardio Circuit (20-30 minutes). Complete each exercise for 1 minute. Complete the circuit 3-4 times, but it should depend on your fitness level.
LSG Fitness has a complete list of cardio workout equipment to be added to your workout routine, namely:
- Cross trainers
- Indoor cycles
- Studio bikes
- Spin bike
- Upright bikes
- Stair climbers
- Recumbent exercise bikes
Best cardio equipment
Cardiovascular workouts are essential for maintaining heart health, improving endurance, and burning calories. Many types of cardio workout equipment can help you achieve an effective cardiovascular workout. If you are looking for a good purchase for your cardio equipment, you can add this to your list and have it at home:
- Stationary bike. There are two main types of stationary bikes, namely:
- upright bikes
- recumbent bikes
These provide a low-impact workout and are great for people with joint issues.
- Elliptical trainer. An elliptical trainer can provide a full-body workout, which you can mimic, such as:
- stair climbing
It is low-impact and works on your upper and lower body.
- Rowing machine. Rowing machines offer a full-body workout. The workout engages the legs, core, and upper body. They simulate rowing a boat and provide a great cardiovascular challenge.
- Jump rope. A simple and affordable piece of equipment, a jump rope offers an effective cardio workout that also improves coordination and footwork.
- Air bike. Air bikes have moving handles that engage both the upper and lower body, making for an intense full-body workout.
- Airdyne bike. Similar to an air bike, an Airdyne bike has a large fan that creates resistance as you pedal. The harder you pedal, the greater the resistance it will be.
- Kickboxing bag. If you are looking for a cardio workout with strength training, the kickboxing bags allow you to engage in:
- high-intensity punching
- kicking routines
- Ski ergometer. The equipment simulates the motion of cross-country skiing, engaging both the upper and lower body in a cardio workout.
- Adaptive Motion Trainer (AMT): An AMT is an advanced piece of equipment that allows you to vary your stride length and motion, providing a customizable and challenging cardio workout.
When choosing cardio equipment, consider these:
- fitness goals
- existing joint issues
- available space
- personal preferences
It is also crucial to use proper form and follow safety guidelines to prevent injuries during your workouts. With any exercise regimen, it helps when consulting a fitness professional.